Friday, November 28, 2008

Eat Until You Barf 2008



For those of us who have family far away, it's nice to be able to get together with close friends on turkey day and eat until you feel like you're going to shit yourself while puking. This year was no exception, and we had Bagel, Sarah, Joey, Donnie, Sara, Roach, Janette, Lotus and Drake all over for a delicious meal. I guess since Jon and I were "hosting" we got away with not cooking anything at all, but Joey/Sarah, Donnie/Sarah Bagel and Roach/Janette all came through with huge amounts of delicious SHIT to eat.

Before the food was ready to wolf down, we had a little jam session in the basement with Drake, Lotus, Roach and I. One awesome thing about being a kid is you have absolutely no inhibitions, and Lotus wailed like all hell on the mic, while Drake bashed away on the skins. I played some guitar and recorded some of it as it was funny as hell and really noisy. Lotus decided we should name the band "The Eagles," which I though was absolutely brilliant. I've just learned that she wants to rename the band "Alligators Kill Death Poison," which is even better!





We then got down to some serious feasting. Sara made some stuffed mushrooms that were insanely good, I could have just eaten plates and plates of those. Oh yeah, and "The Little Smokies," you can't fuck with those. . .





After grubbing down, we all sat around in a food coma, watching "The Adams Family," chatting and playing some gee-tar. We came up with a song for Drake, mostly written by Lotus called, "My Brother is a Cosmonaut." We took turns making up verses while Donnie pounded on the hand drum like a good Indian surrounded by pale face devils.



Then it was time to bring out the hamster for play time. Now don't get me wrong, Emily is fun to hang out with, but the kids were very anxious for her to come out and play. Her full name, by the way is "Fire Fighter Fire Chief Emily Squeaky," but she's casual and just likes to go by "Emily."







I didn't make a speech during dinner for fear of being a cheese-dick, but I truly am thankful for all of the good close friends I have, and that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with them. People like Victor, Jon, and Donnie practically are family, we've known each other for years, and are pretty damn tight. . .

1 comment:

bagel said...

I had the same thoughts, and put up some turkey head shots!