Thursday, December 18, 2008

F.A.G.tastic!




One of my projects that I haven't mentioned much is F.A.G. It started in the Winter of 2005 as a "real" rock and roll band featuring three lads with the last names Ferrell, Allen and Graves, thus the acronym F.A.G. It was a short lived band, but I think we actually played 3 or 4 shows. Later on, Jeremy (Ferrell) and I recorded a couple of tracks with super producer DJCJ (AKA GAYbriel). You can check those out on our myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/fagfeaturinggaybriel

The concept is simple enough. We determined that there is a huge untapped market out there - rap music that appeals to gay people. . .or "Homo Hop" as I like to call it. So, Cecil (Allen), Flamer Flame (Ferrell) and Gaybriel wrote, recorded and posted the "gams" (gay-jams).

While in town working on the film "KaraoKing," the crew got back together at the legendary studios located at the Durant residence. We added a new member, "Cool Queef." The song below remains tragically unfinished, but I feel showing the creative process is almost as entertaining.

No comments: