Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hot Ass Show This Weekend



I'm still not too convinced that "blog promotion" works all that well, but I've gone ahead and included the poster for this Saturday's show here. I'm especially excited about this one as we are playing with a band called Flora V. Fauna. The bass player in the band is none other than Vern Rumsey, who just happened to be in one of my favorite bands of all time, Unwound! Their albums, especially Fake Train, Leaves Turn Inside You, and Repetition spent a huge amount of time on heavy rotation for me. Especially during the mid to late 90's. Well, Vern and I have a mutual friend in Rob Allison, and Vern contacted me about setting up a show sometime. I said, "sure that sounds awesome," and now we've got a kick ass event this Saturday!

UPDATE: I've just learned Seattle's weekly alternative paper, The Stranger did a small write up about the show. They discussed how Vern from Unwound has a new trio making their Seattle debut, and how Speaker Speaker bring the jumpy pop punk. Funny enough, I was responsible for booking and setting up the show, but The Vague Prophets weren't even mentioned. Oh well!

No comments: