Sunday, September 14, 2008

LESSER GALAGO



A few months ago while my brother Andy was visting, we made a trip to the Woodland Park Zoo. I absolutely love the zoo, and this was my 7th time going since living in Seattle. This time around I was especially struck by a small, strange looking nocturnal creature named "Lesser Galago." I mostly became obsessed with the name, as the word "Lesser" seems strange for a small mammal. Who is "more" than this Galago? Is there a "Larger Galago" that is constantly kicking the "Lesser Galago's" ass? I sure hope not. Anyway, a few weeks later after a long, hard night of hitting the sauce, Roach, Jon, Chuck and I woke up and decided to do some basement recording. I was still obsessed with the name "Lesser Galago" and decided to name the aforementioned project after the delightful little fella. As far as the music goes, it was pretty experimental - chanting/throat singing, banging on beer bottles and cans, de-tuned lap guitars and all sorts of weird shit. We just went with it though, and "put it on wax," first take. I liked it so much, I decided to make a myspace page. Note - this is not the first time this has happened. I now have 9 myspace projects I've been involved with. Check it out: http://www.myspace.com/lessergalago