Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Ever Changing Friends. . .








I took a few shots of my friends band "The Ever Changing Sky" a couple of weekends back, and for some reason feel compelled to share them here. Not bad quality for a phone. If you haven't checked them out, you can listen to some of their tunes here:

http://www.myspace.com/everchangingsky

Please note, if you listen to their live recordings you can occasionally hear me heckling and yelling dumb shit like, "play an instrumental!," "Yeah Niko, play that keyboard!," or directed at fairly short Steve, "That's a huge bass for a little fella!!!" Oh man, I'm an ass sometimes.

Their stuff has been compared to Mogwai, and funny enough "Explosions in the Sky," probably mostly because they're instrumental. I met them through a band from Portland called "The Friendly Skies." Hmmmm, I think we're starting to see a pattern here between "epic, instrumental" bands and "Sky" names. Anyway, they use elements of subtlety not unlike Mogwai, but can also get kind of math-rocky and rip like Botch. I haven't seen a bad show of theirs yet. They're four individual solid-ass musicians playing as a cohesive whole. Now do yourself a friggin' favor and give them a listen.

2 comments:

Juliepop said...

WHOOOOOOO! (yeah!)

chaps said...

those are good pics, i heard those guys were all in a biker gang, and one of them killed a guy with a chain.