Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Friend Nick

As most of my loyal readers know, my roomate, bandmate and dear friend Nick Johnson passed away back in May. While vacationing in Costa Rica, Nick was found floating in Lake Arenal after embarking on a solo kayaking adventure. At first, it was assumed that he drowned, but recently we received the results of his autopsy and it ends up he had an aneurysm, and most likely died fairly instantaneously. You forget how fragile life is until something like this happens. Everyone has to go out sometime, and Nick did while he was in the warm, beautiful sun in an exotic country having the time of his life. I miss him something fierce sometimes. Then I think of all the good times, I watch this slide show, I listen to the incredible music we made together and I find comfort in those memories.

1 comment:

akpunk008 said...

You wrote that he died in January but he died on May 4th 2008.