Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stout Family Fun Day

Saturday 9/21 I had the pleasure of hanging out with the Stout family. "Victor," Janette, Drake and Lotus. They came over to the house around 4. Drake had the "Robo Raptor" with him which is a seriously bad ass remote control dinosaur. We decided to go for food and appropriately enough went to "Family" Mexican Restaurant over in Crown Hill. We then decided to go music shopping and went over to Silver Platters. Here is Lotus "listening before she buys."



Apparently she is repping the number seven. Sesame Street?

Here's Lotus going for the old "bunny ears" on Drake:




I had proposed the idea of a laser show earlier in the day and everyone had seemed into it. As chance would have it, "Laser Queen" was playing at 8 PM and Drake had just got a Queen album the week before for his 10th birthday. On the way down, we passed a huge white limo. Lotus pointed it out and said, "maybe Gwen Stefani is in there. . .or the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs." Pretty good taste for a 6 year old. We found what I thought was an excellent parking spot in lower Queen Anne, but actually ended up having to walk about 8 blocks over to the Pacific Science Center.



We were finally let into the premises around 8:15. Drake, being a huge dinosaur fan, was stoked on the full size Triceratops and Stegosaurus near the entrance. From the opening stomps of "We Will Rock You," Lotus got heavily into air drumming and continued for about the first 5 or 6 songs. It was a little loud for Drake, and he ended up covering his ears for a lot of the show. I took this photo of a spaceship before "Xena" the "Laser Host" came over and said, "put it away or I'll confiscate it."



I replied, "fuck you, you nasty bitch this is a $500 iPhone and I'm sure as hell not going to let you take it!" I didn't really say that, but you can imagine what it would be like if I did.



It was definitely a far out, heavy experience. On the way out I filled out a survey and chose "The Flaming Lips" as the next featured artist. Now that would be fucking epically psychedelic. Walking back to the car, Lotus was nuts. I kept grabbing her and trying to hold her hand, but she kept escaping and running away. She was jumping in large puddles (thank god she had her pink "Hello Kitty" rain boots on) opening newspaper boxes, yelling, etc. Then it struck me - I had given her about 8 pieces of licorice and 16 "Dots" during the Laser Show. No wonder she was so wound up! Fun times!

6 comments:

chezmakr said...

NNNNNNNNIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
thats nice but really long and drawn out. Or maybe niiiiiiice. You figure it out!

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

Who is this mysterious "Chezmakr?"

chezmakr said...

joel the chezmakr

Ben said...

I guess I should have known. . . however, I have several friends that make "dick cheese" on a regular basis.

chezmakr said...

they would be fumunda cheese makers, and although i do on occation make fumunda cheese, I being a REAL cheese maker, look down on those people with great disgust