Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'll Take "The Rapists" for $600 Please, Alex



Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeopardy is about the best damn thing happening on TV these days. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm not willing to spend the time to get into shows like "Lost," or "24." Jeopardy is always there, and you can take it in its 1/2 hour dose and be done. The show is like that warm, familiar blanket you can wrap around yourself every weekday at 7:30 PM. The version with Trebec has been broadcasting consistently since 1984. The show and "the man" himself are a rock-solid television institution.



That brings us to "the man," Alex Trebec. Just look at that knowing smile and sexy little strip of hair above his lip. Alex definitely likes to pretend he's smarter than everyone, especially the contestants. Often, he'll have condescending little comments when none of the contestants answer, or answer incorrectly. "Uh, yeah. . .that's Buckingham Palace. . .duuuhhh!" He's definitely a cool motherfucker though, and he knows it. He's got that slightly arrogant, but self assured thing going on. I bet he's nailed a good number of female contestants. Especially during College week.

Sometimes you find yourself thinking, "how the fuck does anybody know this stuff." Other times, I fare pretty well and can answer a good number of the questions. Tonight is a big night for me. This will be the second time I've taken the online test to be a contestant. I didn't hear anything back the first time, so I'm guessing I didn't do that well. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: The test was difficult as all hell. I'm guessing out of 50 questions, I answered about 23 correctly. But really, who knows "This strait leads from Istanbul into the Red Sea" Shit, not me!

No comments: