Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some Good Shit Happened in 2008!



I realize it's a little "late in the season" to be reminiscing on 2008. Most "Year in Review" type things normally happen in late December or early January. However, recently I found myself thinking over the events of this past year and how much good shit went down. There were little things, like drunken moments of euphoric bliss while rocking out at a show. Others were more significant like exciting vacations, and age milestones. It's actually pretty difficult to do, but I mentally scanned through some of "best of" moments of the year and came up with a little list. I encourage you to do the same, and leave me a comment on your 2008 highlights!

Some highlights from 2008 (In no particular order):

* Going on cruise down to Cabo San Lucas

* The election of a transformative individual that has offered me a lot of hope and enthusiasm for the future of our country.

* Turning 30 in a weekend of drunken debauchery with good friends and family in Vegas

* Spending Thanksgiving with an incredible group of friends

* Acquiring a new buddy in my pet hamster "Fire Chief Emily"

* Watching live music by Subtle, Stephen Malkmus, Why?, and all of the bands at Bumbershoot

* Enjoying the holidays down in "Ball-Sacramento" with my Mom and brothers

* Playing music with good friends in a band I'm extremely excited about

* Hosting a blow-out, wild ass Halloween party featuring the annual performance of Bear Driving Car

* The Why? album being released and given the opportunity to interview front man Yoni Wolf. Seriously. (I realize I'm obsessed).

* Winning the 5th Annual Mandarin Gate Open Karaoke Championships. This didn't really happen, but you can imagine what it would be like if it had!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

My highlights of 2008:
1. Ben Winning the 5th Annual Mandarin Gate Open
2. Ben starting a blog

Ben said...

Jamie, the highlight of my year is you commenting about how the highlight of your year was me starting a blog. God damn you are sweet. Milf, Milf, Milf!!!