Monday, January 12, 2009

PURE COUNTRY GOLD



Pure Country Gold is a two-piece garage rock band from Portland. They are also, "arguably Portland's best bluesman. . ."

I've known Patrick (guitar/vocals) for probably about 8 years. He played in a few bands around Arcata including "Petey and the Associates" and "ScoPac." They play Seattle on a fairly regular basis, and our house has become their "Seattle home." Patrick was upset (jokingly) when Chuck moved into the house and "took over his room." Their music is fun, danceable, and very entertaning to see live.

It's been cool to see their progression musically and their popularity level grow. I now hear their songs on the radio and watch fans sing along at their shows.



Jake is without a doubt one of my favorite drummers to see live. He plays hard, consistent and is technical while playing what is appropriate for the song. He's also fun to drink with. One of my favorite quotes of his was, "let's go back to your house, drink a lot of beer and stay up late!"



Here's Patrick relaxing at the house this last weekend with my hamster "Fire Chief Emily." I wish I would have stayed up a little later, as I understand he fell asleep in the chair and started snoring while wearing the turkey hat!

P.C.G.'s self titled album on Empty Records made my top 10 list for 2007. Check that out, or go to their website to learn more:

www.purecountrygold.com

www.myspace.com/purecountrygold

No comments: