Thursday, April 2, 2009

CRAIGSLIST FREE ITEM OF THE DAY: VOLUME 6

And now ladies and gentleman, the story of a woman and her giant pickle. I swear to god I'm not making any of these up:

Free Trophy - Must Love Pickles

Please help my legacy live on! I am recently married and moving in with my new husband. As we attempt to combine all of our possessions it is certain we will need to throw away some. This is where I need your help!

In 2004, I was awarded the pickle trophy from the Rosendale International Pickle Fest (http://www.picklefest.com/15.html). It is one of my most prized possessions and very difficult for me to part with. Unfortunately my new husband absolutely hates pickles (and the trophy) and will not allow me to move it into his house. I won the prize by shattering the pickle eating record by eating 103 pickles in one hour. The trophy stands three feet tall, is very lightweight and can fit in most cars. I am not asking for any money, just to know whoever takes it will provide a good home.

If you are interested please call at me at 425-445-5617. I work in downtown Seattle, and live in South Seattle. I would be willing to travel a short distance for delivery.

-Becca




I feel really bad for Becca. She obviously adores pickles (and this statue) to death. She had to suck down over 100 in an hour just to receive this prize, and the moment she was handed the trophy was most likely the proudest of her life. Just look at the photo of her with this thing - she's in love. Unfortunately this new asshole tyrant of a husband won't let her keep her most prized possession. I say ditch the douche bag, and get hitched to the statue! Or maybe I should go pick up the pickle, keep it at my house and give Becca weekend visitation rights?

3 comments:

yesyeslioness said...

I concur! I would never let anyone make me part with one of my most prized quirky possessions. Especially something you had to shove 103 pickles down your throat in order to win. And her husband-to-be "hates pickles". Not just dislikes, HATES. What kind of man: a) hates pickles, and b) hates pickles and marries a pickle-eating champion? I smell a divorce.

I also would really really like to know if anyone picked that up, because if not, I would treasure that thing forever. Make a lamp out of it or something.

Unknown said...

That girl looked like shes eaten her fair share of "pickles" if you catch my drift.

Juliepop said...

Ben - why didn't you go pick-le that trophy up!? If I had read this earlier, I would have insisted. It would have made a nice prop for your rock-n-roll performances. Like some sort of mascot or something...akin to Joy Wants Eternity's mannequin.