Thursday, April 2, 2009

White Trash T-Shirts PART TWO

Man, I was nearly shitting myself when I received this shirt in the mail yesterday from my fabulously generous friend Jaime.


FRONT


BACK

Based on the fact she had seen my previous blog expressing my love of gas station - style white trash shirts, she saw this "puppy" and just had to get it for me. Now don't get me wrong, I love my "Sacramento" shirt with the wolves, deer, etc, but this thing is way more over the top.

The imagery of the noble wolf, alongside the motorcycle with the word "Survivors" is just so god damn powerful. Then throw in some lightning bolts on top of that, how much more epic could it possibly be? But wait, we're not done here - flip the shirt over and there's a fucking bald eagle with the words "USA THUNDER" and a bunch more crazy lightning bolts all over the place. Absolutely timeless.

In her letter, Jaime included a description (from the place she got it) of what the shirt means:

"Like the wolf, the American Chopper almost became extinct. And now the Wolf and the Made in the USA Chopper are survivors."

Up next, I want to try to hunt down some of those Looney Toons shirts from the mid-90's. You know, the ones where Bugs Bunny and friends are all posing and dressed up like retarded gangsters? It seems like I always used to see greasy white trash bitches shopping in Kmart wearing those "bad boys." Has anyone seen any of those lately?

2 comments:

yesyeslioness said...

This is an incredible achievement in t-shirt history. I am glad I got to be there for its unveiling. And next time I am out thrift shopping, I will keep my eyes peeled for an amazing(ly horrible) Looney Tunes shirt. Preferably with Yosemite Sam or Foghorn Leghorn on it. Don't ask me why.

Ben said...

YES! Yes please! If you could find a shirt with Yosemite Sam dressed as a gangster with sagging big ass pants, I would be so thrilled. This may seem a strange obsession to some, but I really can't think of anything I find funnier than these shirts. I also want to go on a mission to find people unironically wearing these tees and shake their hands!