Thursday, December 3, 2009

"I Need to Ship This Rapeseed Please"



One of the companies conducting research in my building is called Targeted Growth. Their work mostly consists of studying plant growth (especially algae) to be used for Bio Fuels. Anyway, yesterday one of the scientists, "Thu," brought me down a small envelope and asked me to ship it to Canada. "Sure I can do that Thu, what are you shipping?," I asked. "It's just these samples of Rapeseed," she replied. I was silenced, and stared at her with a look of shock. "Well OK, I'll get those out for you today then," I said, barely able to contain my laughter.



I looked them up, and I guess the "rapeseed" (also known as rape, oilseed rape, rapa, rapaseed)is bright yellow flowering member of the mustard and cabbage family.

What the hell? What kind of name is that for a flower? I was worried that the little seeds were going to jump out of their container and forcibly try to penetrate my anus. Or, what if you ate them and they had the same effect as roofies?

No comments: