Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"SEATTLE'S BEST BREAKFAST" MY ASS!

A while back I went out to a hungover brunch at the Seattle establishment known as Patty's Egg Nest. My friend "lil" Timmy ordered some poached eggs. When they brought it out, the eggs looked like some type of fucked up chicken fetus. Tim explains it better:

"I remember how the waitress tried to battle me on that one saying that that glob of fetal death was 'normal' and when I got my replacement eggs they were pretty much hard boiled. That scarred me for life, I still haven't ordered poached eggs anywhere since. yuck!"



So, the other day I went to pick up a Papa Murphy's pizza which is right next to Patty's Egg Nest and noticed their sign out front proudly states "Seattle's Best Breakfast," in quotations. I started laughing like hell because of the quotes and thought back to the incident with Tim. "How perfect," I thought. "As long as they leave it in quotes, they can just serve dog fecal matter and played it off as breakfast."

Going with this same theme, Tim and I came up with a few other ideas for their menu:

"Delicious" Corned Beef Hash

"Enjoyable" Chicken Fried Steak

Every breakfast item involving eggs must contain an asterisk with a footer note at the bottom of the menu that reads:

* Patty's uses only non-GMO, cage-free, "unfertilized" eggs

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the only eggs i have had from there are the ones on the eggs benedict and i have only been to the one by my house, but im still saying its damn fine. Then again i have never gotten nasty baby chicken eggs. The nutter butter french toast is the bomb, thats right i said it the bomb 1995 rep it.

Ben said...

Yeah, perhaps I shouold give it another chance, but the sight of that green chicken fetus was pretty damn disturbing!

Anonymous said...

Your ass certainly is Seattle's best breakfast. It's delicious!