Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ball Sac-ramento Fun!

A couple of weeks ago I went down to Nut-Sacramento to surprise my Mom on her last day of teaching school. She was retiring after 32 years, so this was kind of a big deal. Amazingly, she truly was surprised when I arrived at the school with my bros, Andy and Pete. Over the next few days we went to the movies, went out for Thai food, had a big retirement party for her (including tequilla-fueled dancing) and did a bunch of other dorky family shit.



Waiting for the kids to get on the bus on my Mom's last day


The highlight for me though was our day spent at "Scandia Family Fun Center." And, oh boy did we have fun. My brothers an I were reduced to giggling 13 year old idiots as we attempted to get kicked off every attraction. First was the go-karts, where we abused the "no bumping rule" and were knocking the hell out of little kids. At first just I was banned, but by Andy and Pete's fourth round, they too had been kicked off. Next up was the bumper boats. Between spraying the hell out of the attendant, splashing each other, and swearing at loud volumes, all three of us also managed to get kicked off. It only took two rounds. Then we played some games in the arcade, did 18 holes of mini-golf and generally acted like fucking idiots. Fun family day!



It looks like I'm pissing all over Pete. Oooooh, possible new nickname for him "Pissed on Pete."



Andy got me got with the water cannons, I was wetter than a 12 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert!



Mini golf. We're in "Lillehammer, Norway" at this point.



New high score on "King Hammer." Look at all the tickets I won!



I used the tickets to buy this bitchin' Ninja sword. After about 7 minutes, I got sick of carrying it and gave it away to a little kid.

8 comments:

Ben said...

Hey, nothing says family bonding like acting like idiots at an amusement park!

Jaime said...

Man, I should have met up with you guys.

Ben said...

I know Jaime, you would have had fun fun fun time. . .I'll be down there again soon.

Michelle said...

You mother must be so proud. Just kidding - I mean I am sure she is. Looks like you had a hooting good time there.

Ben said...

Michelle, it was a blast and my Mom was ok with me acting like a 'tard. Thanks you for the comment, you're hot!

Juliepop said...

man, I wish I would have been there...that looks like fun!

Chris said...

I shit you not, I used to work at that Scandia. From the batting cages to the Little Indy Raceway. I ran that shit. Word.

Ben said...

Chris, that is some heavy, far out shit. I did the slow pitch batting cazge, and managed to make contact with ONE ball. Something else I loved about that place was the 12 year old couples making out all over. Some of them were really going at it. . .Awesome!