Monday, June 15, 2009

The Great Craigslist Experiment: Part Two

I was going through and throwing away some very old stuff out of my dressers, and came across two gems. A couple of pair of boxers that are used to the point of ridiculousness. There's rips, holes, stains, the whole deal.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to put them on craigslist and see what kind of responses I'd get. I'm more excited about this than I was the horse dentures!

Here's my posting exactly as it appeared on craigslist:

Free to a Good Home - "Gently" Used Boxers (Northgate)

I've got a couple of pair of boxes laying around the house I'm trying to get rid of. One pair has two holes in the crotch and substantial wear around the elastic waist band area. The other pair have a few holes and some small speckles of white paint. Nothing a little stitching, cleaning and TLC couldn't fix.

I'll probably throw them out unless someone wants to swing by and pick them up - I'll even deliver if you're in the area.

* Location: Northgate
* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests







UPDATE 6/15/09 10:30 PM: The post was flagged and removed after 1/2 hour, but I did get one response:

Tom Durnell: I am laughing my head off reading your posting...I haven't read humor that original and biting in years!

He then followed up this morning with:

I forwarded your posting (which I copied before it was flagged) to about 10 of my friends...It could become the next viral sensation! I have already heard back from a friend in Eugene who himself posted an offering of a Hobo Spider which he "couldn't bear to kill". Got email threatening bodily harm from multiple sources. Called him everything from "cruel" to "dangerous". Some folks got no sensayuma!

UPDATE 6/16/09 12:24 PM: I've reposted, slightly changing the title. Let's see how long it lasts, and if I get responses.

UPDATE 6/16/09 1:17 PM: My posting was removed AGAIN by craigslist, only 1/2 hour after it was posted. This experiment is over, I give up!

2 comments:

Juliepop said...

"HAHAHA"HAHAHAHA! I am really "digging" this experiment.

Unknown said...

Do you still have those?