Sunday, June 21, 2009

Carkeek Park Tragedy



Last night I felt like doing something outside. So, I got a six pack of Busch "tall boys" and drove over to Carkeek Park to watch the sunset and drink. I thought it was a little strange I was being followed by one of "Seattle's finest" all the way into the park. Upon arriving at the main parking lot, I saw no less than 5 news vans set up with their satellite antennas up. There were also probably 10 + cop cars and a couple of ambulances. I slowed down and listened and looked to try to get a grasp on what was going down. With the window rolled down, I heard hysterical sobbing. I turned to my friend in the car and said, "I bet someone got hit and killed by a train."

Well I wasn't going to hang out and drink beers in an environment like that. I charged down to Gasworks Park where I soaked up the phenomenal views of the city, drank my beer, talked and "darrelled it up."

When I got home I googled "Carkeek Park news," and sure enough, a pedestrian was struck by a train and killed. You can read about it here, or here. This is seriously a tragic event, I feel bad for the friends and family of the victim.



Adam and Descie down at the park a couple of months ago.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

man that is sad, the comment board makes me want to move to the hills. people that are that insensitive to a family and friends of the guy that died should be beaten with pipe.

chezmakr said...

wow those must be some very quiet trains up there. Maybe a Ninja train. Sneeky sneeky

Unknown said...

Pete and i Smoked lazer on those tracks i think. I love you Joel.

Juliepop said...

lazah!

p.s. Ben - post something new - I keep checking obsessively. :)