Monday, November 30, 2009

Abusing Tim Stiles

It has been brought to my attention that I "over-promote" my band's performances. I suppose there's a fine line between promoting and being annoyingly persitent. Sometimes in advance of one of our shows, I'll send out bulk e-mails, post flyers on Facebook pages, send out show invites on myspace and send "spam" text messages the day of the show. My buddy Tim Stiles brought this all to my attention, and we had a "meeting" regarding my promotion techniques. He explained to me that "more is less," and that's there's no need to let someone know 12 times about a single event.

I completely agree with Tim's theory, but just to be "funny" I thought I'd "let him know" about our show this past Sunday by sending him 6 text messages the day of the performance. They started out normal, pretending to be regular "spam" messages, but as they day wore on they got more and more ridiculous.



Here's the transcript:

1:17 PM
The Vague Prophets are playing tonight at The High Dive in Fremont. We are playing first at 8, so don't be late and bring a date. Love you!

2:27 PM
Please make it out to The Vague Prophets show tonight at The High Dive. We will be snorting Clorox off each other's penises in the green room and licking the Sharpie dicks on the wall.

4:15 PM
Hey there turtle lips. If your clit is turning red, join The Vague Prophets ya big shit head! Tonight at 8 PM at Fremont's finest shit hole known as "The High Dive."

6:39 PM
Do you enjoy seeing grown men with their cocks out on stage? Then come on down to The High Dive, grab on to those dicks and give us a "tug job" on stage. 8 PM!

8:00 PM
The Faggot Prophets will be sucking cocks in the green room at The High Dive tonight. Be there at 8 PM. Love you.

10:21
If you love adult men covered in their own shit, then come on down to The High Dive tonight and see The Vague Prophets!

UPDATE: I decided to send one more off to Tim today, and he finally responded.

3:30 PM
Ben: Do you like to rock out with your ball sac out? Then you should have headed down to The High Dive last night to see The Vague Prophets.

Tim: Oh for the love of god!

No comments: