Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Incredible Real Businesses Vol. 1: Spawz Dog Swim Camp

This is the first in yet another reoccurring column on my blog entitled, "Incredible Real Businesses." The idea being that I post photos and information about businesses that seem fake, but incredibly do exist. I'm hoping to see and hear about more of these soon, but I'll also gladly take submissions via my e-mail: benallen1@hotmail.com

For the first installment of Incredible Real Businesses, I proudly present:

SPAWZ DOG SWIM CAMP



I first discovered Spawz when I saw their van driving around in my neighborhood. Not much later, I drove by the business (located just blocks from my house) and noticed the huge banner outside "SpawZ Swim Camp for Dogs!" I immediately started laughing uncontrollably.





Here is some information listed on the site regarding the camp:

Swim Camp is great for dogs who love to swim or could benefit from low-impact exercise like swimming. You dog will spend his day playing, socializing and enjoying swimming in our sparkling clean indoor pool.

If your dog has never been in a pool, or doesn't like to swim, NO problem....Camp includes swim lessons. We are very proud of our success rate at teaching dogs to swim. We have taught many breeds: Chihuahuas, Italian Greyhounds, Dashshunds, Corgis, Australian Shepherds, Jack Russels, Russian Blue Terriers, and more. We also have taught many dogs who are known to be natural swimmers such as Labs, Newfies and Goldens.

AVOID:
* crowded dog parks/beaches
* dirty, contaminated water
* bad doggie behavior by some park visitors




Spawz also offers an awesome "FRIDAY NIGHT SPLASH N CRASH!" deal:

It’s Friday night and you have had a long, hard week. Wouldn’t it be nice not have to rush home to care for your pup, but instead go out to dinner and relax? Also beneficial for those last minute weekend getaways where dogs are not invited…concerts, friend’s cabin, or just want to spend a quiet, romantic night away from the pooch.

How it Works
• 1.5 days of daycare, one night of boarding
• Two one-hour group swims (or two 20 minute private swims)
• Drop-off on Friday and pick-up by 1 pm Saturday
COST: All for only $59 ($89 value). Please mention this offer to get the discount price.


Spawz offers a variety of services including boarding:



I'm not even joking about this, but dogs here are given what are referred to on the website as their "own private suites."

So please, take a look at their website, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: