Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Negro Box

Yesterday at work I received a "black compact refridgerator." Almost immediately, I noticed the side of the box read "NEGRO." Now, I realize that two sides of the box were in Spanish, and that "negro" actually just means black. However, I faked disgust as I turned to the Lowe's delivery driver and said, "I can't accept this package man, I really don't condone any type of racism." It took him a second, but then he realized I was just fucking with him.



As the day went by, I kept looking over at the box and laughing to myself. Greg, an African-American coworker that I share an office with, asked me what I found so funny. "Well take a look at this box, what do you think?," I said. Greg processed what was on the box, and started to pretend like he was really offended. "Man, this is some bullshit! I'm calling Jesse Jackson and the NAACP. We needs to be getting rid of this negro box!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like he was what the colords call wild'n. its a good thing you have that box there if, he gets out of hand you can just wrangle him into the box for a little time out.

Juliepop said...

hahahaha! good one!!

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chezmakr said...

I heard that it doesn't matter what color they are, It's all pink on the inside.

Ben said...

Well "TJ," looks like I know what to get you for Xmas now, don't I? Hee hee hee.