Thursday, January 21, 2010

Arnold Schwarzenegger Douche Alert



Is it just me, or was Arnold Schwarznegger one absolutely horrendous actor? He's made his way on to my list of "All Time Worst Actors," including the likes of Keanu Reeves, Vin Diesel, Ben Stiller and The Rock.

Let's start by reviewing a list of the pieces of shit he decided to "star" in.

1. Total Recall
2. Kindergarten Cop
3. Twins
4. Jingle All The Way
5. Batman & Robin

Something else I find hilarious is Arnold's terrible "one line catch phrases" that seem to make an appearance in most of his films. From, "I'll be Back"(Terminator), to "It is Not a Tumah" (Kindergarten Cop), you can count on old Arnie to really throw out horrible one liners. See the following clip from "Total Recall."



The film where he abused this habit the most was "Batman & Robin" where he played the character "Mr. Freeze." His whole role seemed to be a vehicle for him to make terrible puns about the cold. Some of the best:

"Allow me to break the ice"
"What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age! Stay cool, Bat Boy."
"Let's kick some ICE!"
"Ice to meet you."
"Revenge is a dish best served cold!"

Obviously, Arnold was not blessed with a natural gift for acting talent and should have never pursued a career in the field. What I do really appreciate is his ability to turn films into unintentional comedies. How can you watch that scene from Total Recall and not laugh? I suppose I enjoy the irony of his horrendous attempts.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Dude, Kindergarten Cop is one of the best movies ever made and "IT'S NOT A TUMAAAH!" is one of the best lines of all time.

Ben said...

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. I agree with you, but only in an ironic sense. That's like saying your favorite movie ever is "Dude Where's My Car." HA!

Wagon B said...

He sure does suck as an actor but was he smart or lucky to make a lot of money doing something he wasn't good at?

Jaime said...

I was being sarcastic about Kindergarten Cop but Dude Where's Car deserves an Oscar for the best movie of all time for sure.

Ben said...

Jaime - That kills me. Imagine if in some alternate, crazy world "Dude Where's My Car?" was to actually win an Oscar for Best Picture. HA!

"Wagon B - Yeah he was damn smart and lucky to make money from acting. That son of a bitch! Somehow he also managed to convince California that he would be a good Governor! Now that's good acting!