Monday, January 25, 2010

Now That's What I Call ADVANCED!



I saw the previews for this new feature film starring Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson and started laughing uncontrollably. Just when you thought he would continue starring in big budget god awful action flicks, he Advances by taking a leading role - as THE TOOTH FAIRY. God only knows what he was thinking. My pal Wagon B made a very good observation about Advancement in that the creative move taken by the "artist" only needs to make sense to the artist, and no one else. That seems to be what's going on here.

If you have any other thoughts about why Dwayne would star in this film, I'd love to hear them.


I also really love these promo posters with terrible puns. "The Tooth Hurts," and "You Can't Handle The Tooth." HAHAHA!

5 comments:

Wagon B said...

I love when he played the gay body guard/aspiring actor in "Be Cool".

Ben said...

Me too, he can actually act pretty good, huh?

chezmakr said...

It's just to bad he wasn't in GOOD BURGER. That movie would have won a Fucking Oscar if would have been involved in that film.

Jaime said...

Again, why do you have to make fun of fabulous movies like Kindergarten Cop, Alvin & the Chipmunks and The Tooth Fairy??

Unknown said...

GOOD BURGER!!!! I cant even think of that movie without immediately thinking of Joel.