Friday, January 8, 2010

Wisdom of Wilkes: Part 6

It's well known that Greg possesses some "racial bias" towards people of Asian decent. I have always found this absolutely ludicrous as Greg is African-American and has undoubtedly experienced plenty of racism in his years. This racial bias doesn't end with Asians, however. As Greg explained to me, "shit, I hates EVERYBODY!" This actually includes black people. One day there was a young black man working with a landscaping crew outside of our office. Greg excitedly pointed at him and said:

"Ben, Ben, Ben! They gots a Negro working for them. Shit, there goes the neighborhood."



Today Greg and I were discussing the holidays and how quiet it was around the building. Greg brought up the fact that there were plenty of Asian people around, but hardly anyone else. He had this to say about it:

"Them Asian people has never heard of Christmas or New Year's Day. The only fuckin' holiday they gots over in them parts is NATIONAL RICE DAY!"

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Awesome.

So here's the latest "free item" from the Reno/ Tahoe craigslist...
"I have a freezer bag of pork sparerib brisket strip meat that I did not pack well so it has some freezer burn on it. I cooked some up the other night and it is ok to eat but tastes a little funny to me. So I was thinking if you have a pet that you feed meat to or can use it for any other reason please give me a call, I would hate to see it go to waste."